PUMPKIN SEEDS AUSTRALIA
Nature’s Best Pumpkin Seeds™
Australian Pumpkin Seed Company deals exclusively in the special ‘naked’ or ‘hull-less’ dark green pumpkin seed from the Styrian pumpkin. The seed naturally grows without the hard fibrous casing of regular pumpkin seeds making it the easiest to eat and process. The type of seed originated through a natural mutation some 300 years ago in the Styrian region of Austria and Slovenia (Europe).
Often called and confused with the easily obtained ‘pepita’ from China, which is actually just the unprotected kernel of a regular pumpkin seed, the naked variety is whole and should only be called pumpkin seeds. The picture to the right is essentially how they come out of the pumpkin; whole and naturally protected from rancidity due to an uncompromised coating.
As well as having a wonderful ‘healthy green’ nutty flavour, these dark green pumpkin seeds are well known for their high oil content. Also known as a Superfood, pumpkin seeds are packed full of nutrients. One handful will give you:
- a protein boost – they supply a well balanced form of all the essential amino acids which are very nourishing, energising and easily digestable.
- iron and phosphorus: promote healthy blood development and efficient nerve and mental activity.
- magnesium – necessary for muscle relaxation
- zinc – known for its many functions in the body including the healing and maintenance of tissues, enhancing the immune system.
- antioxidant vitamins A & E – protects cells from free radical damage and aids the body to grow, maintain and heal.
- B group vitamins – needed to process protein, carbohydrates and fats.
- essential fatty acids contained in the oil which make up to 45 – 50% of the total seed, supply and transport vitamins to the body, reduce cholesterol and support the reproductive and urinary tract.
- No cholesterol
They can easily be added to: • salads • pizza • stirfries • bread • cakes • biscuits • your morning cereal • garnishing any dish • fruit salad
Our Pumpkin Seeds are available raw or gently dry roasted (to maintain nutritional quality) and flavoured to give you variety. The range includes:
- Dry Roasted
- Lightly Salted
- Wood Smoked
- Mild Chilli Coated (gently dry roasted with mild chilli)
- Hot Cajun
- Dark Chocolate Coated (gently dry roasted and rolled in delicious dark chocolate)